Re: [ecf-dev] newsreader contribution

Hi Wim,

The Java Mail API (with its dependence on the Activation Framework) have been around quite a while. Somehow, I would expect those libraries (at least in an earlier incarnation) to work out-of-the-box with Foundation 1.1. - I remember manipulating MIME message bodies with those, a long time ago.

These days, the Activation framework (JAF) is a default part of the SE platform, since version 6.

Of course, I'm just projecting at what the issue could be surrounding the MIME message bodies in your library...

Best regards,
Dann

Wim Jongman wrote:
Hi,

Yes. I am already using it myself to read and post news. There is still work to do obviously. E.g I have to figure out a clever way to handle mime message bodies in a foundation 1.1 environment.

Regards,

Wim

Op 29 okt 2009 om 15:54 heeft Remy Suen <remysuen@xxxxxxxxxx> het volgende geschreven:\

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 10:52 AM, Scott Lewis <slewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: > For the protocol bundles (org.eclipse.ecf.nntp.core and model), I would
> suggest using
>
> org.eclipse.ecf.protocol.nntp.core
> org.eclipse.ecf.protocol.nntp.model
> org.eclipse.ecf.protocol.nntp

I haven't looked at the code myself. So it's actually a full nntp reading/parsing (protocol) implementation?