Re: [ecf-dev] Troubles with Datashare over XMPP

Hi Pavel,

Great to hear things are working properly for you!

BTW, just so you are aware...it is possible to *specify* a resource identifier (rather than have one chosen/created for you)...e.g. when the containers connect to their respective accounts...e.g.

IContainer xmppClientContainer = ...<create xmpp container instance>
// Note the ecf.myresourceid in following code
ID targetID = IDFactory.getDefault().createID(namespace,"xmpps://username@xxxxxxxx/ecf.myresourceid");
xmppClientContainer.connect(targetID,connectContext);

This is just FYI. It doesn't have to be used. Note that if you *do* specify the resource ID, that it should be globally unique (otherwise client name conflicts could occur).

Thanks for your persistence on this issue. I'm very glad things are/will work for you. If you get an opportunity to blog about your usage/app/use case for datashare-over-xmpp please do so...and if you wish to go even further then a wiki page would be great also. And/or a note to this mailing list would also be great. It would also be great to document the issues with gmail (and probably other xmpp servers)...i.e. WRT the need for adding accounts to rosters/contacts list, etc.

Thanks,

Scott

Samolisov Pavel wrote:

Thanks, Scott!

It fork fine for me! Yes! If I send message to jabber id/resource - this
 is sended and receive correctly.

As it has turned out, I have two running jabber-clients, and gmail can't
chose right resource id.

I have tried with accounts on different servers (ya.ru and gmail.com).
It also works fine.

Scott Lewis пишет:
Hi Pavel,

Samolisov Pavel wrote:
Scott, I add my accounts to their rosters (samolisov@xxxxxxxxx to
pavel.samolisov@xxxxxxxxx and pavel.samolisov@xxxxxxxxx to
samolisov@xxxxxxxxx). But it does not help me.

Your error message has 500 error code and error string:
<error code="503" type="cancel"> but I have this error string:
<error code="400">

May be this error means not correct jid?

That is possible, although I am not sure about the meaning of these
error codes for the gmail service.  It may/probably is specified in the
xmpp specs, but I haven't looked yet.
In my message xml:
to="samolisov@xxxxxxxxx/", in your message:
to="scottslewis@xxxxxxxxx/ecf.paluIbE9F19E8B"

May be I should run/close another jabber client?
I think what you should do is use the fully qualified ID...i.e.
including the resource identifier (i.e. .../ecf.paluIbE9F19E8B).  It
may/could be that the gmail xmpp server requires the fully qualified jid
in order to avoid 400.  Note that once the accounts are in each other's
rosters, you can get the fully qualified ID from the roster.
Also, I modified the test code to use the fully qualified ID so you
can/could also try that (please) with your accounts.
Thanks, Scott

Scott Lewis ?8H5B:
Pavel,

I got the error message below using two gmail accounts (is this what you
are seeing also)?.  It seems to indicate that gmail is refusing to send
the message.

However, when I added the contacts to each other's contact list/roster,
the messages were delivered (see below), and I did not see the error
message.  It could be that gmail has a policy of limiting delivery of
certain messages (e.g. those that are just message properties?) when the
sender/receiver are not on each other's roster.

Also, it may be necessary to use the fully qualified XMPPID (i.e. that
includes the resource).  Would you please try the ChannelTest again
after adding having your two gmail accounts add each other to their
rosters?

Thanks,

Scott

Here's the error response I get

<message id="T7ATS-23" to="scottslewis@xxxxxxxxx/ecf.paluIbE9F19E8B"
type="error"
from="rcraftlewis@xxxxxxxxx/ecf.WzWjMhmXtt6dtH2pGPwz7pCq+sU="><thread>TR03n0</thread><properties

type="java-object">
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
Gl0
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
</
value></property></properties><nos:x
value="disabled" xmlns:nos="google:nosave"/><arc:record otr="false"
xmlns:arc="http://jabber.org/protocol/archive"/><error code="503"
type="cancel"><service-unavailable
xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-stanzas"/></error></message>

console output with additions to contacts/roster

receivercontainerid=GUID[IKjPtojKTzqOGFvAUaBbVbZXkXc=];
fromcontainerid=GUID[P0oT5XS22sgea3v9328oHCzJIqM=];
channelid=StringID[channel]
event=ChannelMessageEvent[channelid=StringID[channel];fromid=GUID[P0oT5XS22sgea3v9328oHCzJIqM=];data=[B@5a5622]

  message=hello

Samolisov Pavel wrote:
Hello Scott.

I have tried Channel Test on my gmail accounts, but it does not work
correctly.

I got in the OSGi console:

receivercontainerid=GUID[LFJWsv2VjBREyKuZONkNTMENAXo=];
fromcontainerid=GUID[LFJWsv2VjBREyKuZONkNTMENAXo=];
channelid=StringID[channel]

event=ChannelMessageEvent[channelid=StringID[channel];fromid=GUID[LFJWsv2VjBREyKuZONkNTMENAXo=];data=[B@1cc2f42]

   message=hello

receivercontainerid=GUID[1miXQC+k9p01gzrzh+IpJurt+cc=];
fromcontainerid=GUID[1miXQC+k9p01gzrzh+IpJurt+cc=];
channelid=StringID[channel]

event=ChannelMessageEvent[channelid=StringID[channel];fromid=GUID[1miXQC+k9p01gzrzh+IpJurt+cc=];data=[B@22d5b5]

   message=hello

i.e. receivercontainerid == fromcontainerid

In debug window same error than I sent before. To my regret, Error
message isn't included in XMPP message, only error code.

Scott Lewis ?8H5B:
Hi Pavel,

I think I may have this sorted out.

So, first I created and released a new xmpp test:

org.eclipse.ecf.tests.provider.xmpp.datashare.ChannelTest

This test works properly with my two gmail accounts specified as
system
properties (e.g.)

-Dusername0=user0@xxxxxxxxx -Dpassword0=pw0
-Dusername1=user1@xxxxxxxxx -Dpassword1=pw1
-Dsmack.debugEnabled=true

I would appreciated it if you would try this test with your initial
accounts.

In looking at your code, I think the problem is with this line:

_container =
ContainerFactory.getDefault().createContainer(XMPP_CONTAINER,
               System.getProperty(XMPP_ACCOUNT_ID));

It should rather be:

_container =
ContainerFactory.getDefault().createContainer(XMPP_CONTAINER);

The reason for this is that the containerID (that's created for the
container via this factory method) is *not* intended to be the
same as
the account that is connected to (i.e. the 'targetID' passed into
container.connect(targetID, context)).

In your createContainer call above, you specify the
XMPP_ACCOUNT_ID for
the containerID...and so that String is used for both the containerID
*and* for the targetID...i.e. what targetID the container connects
*to*.  These should never be the same, actually...as the containerID
should be unique relative to the server that it is connecting to
(represented by the connect targetID).  So in your case the
containerID
*is* the same as the connect targetID, and the message just gets
delivered *back* to the originator (and not sent onto the target).

So, in short, if you change the createContainer call above to
create a
new ID for your client container, I suspect things will most probably
work for you.

Please do let all know if this does/doesn't settle things for
you.  If
not and I'm wrong...then we'll try again.

Thanks,

Scott

Samolisov Pavel wrote:

Scott, I create container by following code:

_container =
ContainerFactory.getDefault().createContainer(XMPP_CONTAINER,
                System.getProperty(XMPP_ACCOUNT_ID));

but container hasn't readable ID.

The message to="pavel.samolisov@xxxxxxxxx/"...is the message that I
sended.

The message
<message id="9Q3m5-4" to="samolisov@xxxxxxxxx/ecf.samoliF3FE20D2"
from="pavel.samolisov@xxxxxxxxx/" type="error">

is error message that I received and ChannelListener in my bundle
reacts
on this message.

samolisov@xxxxxxxxx sends message to pavel.samolisov@xxxxxxxxx
samolisov@xxxxxxxxx receives message from pavel.samolisov@xxxxxxxxx
(error message but this message include sended data).
pavel.samolisov@xxxxxxxxx does not receive message that sended by
samolisov@xxxxxxxxx

I do not send any others messages.

Scott Lewis ?8H5B:
Hi Pavel,

Thanks for sticking with this...we'll track down the issue one
way or
another.

Samolisov Pavel wrote:
Thanks for your help, Scott!

I try it on gmail.com only.

I send data from samolisov@xxxxxxxxx to pavel.samolisov@xxxxxxxxx
and
add -Dsmack.debugEnabled=true to my run configuration.

But it does not work correct :-(

I send data (over DataSharing API Channel) from
samolisov@xxxxxxxxx to
pavel.samolisov@xxxxxxxxx

In Smack Debug Window I can see:

<message id="9Q3m5-4" to="pavel.samolisov@xxxxxxxxx/"
type="chat">
  <thread>N4E940</thread>
  <properties
xmlns="http://www.jivesoftware.com/xmlns/xmpp/properties";>
    <property>
<name>org.eclipse.ecf.internal.provider.xmpp.smack.ECFConnection.object</name>

      <value
type="java-object">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
pdH
kvT
mFt
ZXN
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</value>

    </property>
  </properties>
</message>

And not long after:

<message id="9Q3m5-4" to="samolisov@xxxxxxxxx/ecf.samoliF3FE20D2"
from="pavel.samolisov@xxxxxxxxx/" type="error">
  <thread>N4E940</thread>
  <error code="400"/>
[...]

I just want to clarify...which containers (and their associated
connections) are sending/receiving the above?

It looks like the message sent is
to="pavel.samolisov@xxxxxxxxx/"...is
the following message (with

to="samolisov@xxxxxxxxx/ecf.samoliF3FE20D2") the *result/received
          message* or is it another message being sent?

If you could label the above with the sender container id and the
receiver container id it would/will help.

In the mean time, I will take your code and try to run it with
my own
gmail accounts to see if I can determine what's happening.

Also, today I'm creating a datashare test case for the xmpp
provider,
which we can use to test this (and other behavior) with two
arbitrary
xmpp accounts.

Thanks,

Scott

I do not understand what is this error?

I have attached my code to the letter. Could you watch it?

Thanks.

Scott Lewis ?8H5B:
Hi Pavel,

I cannot currently duplicate this, so we're going to have to
figure
out
a way for me to collect enough information to debug.

One initial thought...could you run both clients with Smack
debugging on
(i.e. system property:  -Dsmack.debugEnabled=true) and
capture the
sent
and received packets for both clients?  Please edit out the
passwords in
the xml data.

Also, what is the XMPP server at samolisov@xxxxx (i.e. what
server
software)?  And who configures it?

Finally, if you wish you can run the tests in
org.eclipse.ecf.tests.provider.xmpp with these two accounts. The
tests
require system properties to specify the account/pw
information...i.e.
here's an example

-Dusername0=user0@xxxxxxxxx
-Dpassword0=user0pw
-Dusername1=user1@xxxxxxxxx
-Dpassword1=user1pw
-Dchat.room.name=ecf
-Dsmack.debugEnabled=true

You will need to change the username?/password? info
appropriately for
the two accounts.  The test that you should probably run is
org.eclipse.ecf.tests.provider.xmpp.remoteservice.RemoteServiceTest...many

of the other tests in that project test the chat room access
(and
gmail
has no chat room capability), so those tests aren't relevant.

Finally, another option is that if you have access to
creating an
account on the ya.ru system for me (e.g. a guest or test
account), I
will try out the tests against my gmail/gtalk account.  So if
you are
able to create an account on ya.ru xmpp server for me (or let me
know
about accessing an existing account) please do so and I'll
give it
a try
when I can.

Thanks,

Scott

Samolisov Pavel wrote:
I'm sorry for my English, Scott.

Yes, you are right. The sender is receiving the message but not
the
intended receiver.

Are these XMPP servers able to communicate/federate?
Yes, they are.

Scott Lewis ?8H5B:
Hi Pavel,

Samolisov Pavel wrote:

Hello, folks!

I'm playing with Datashare API over XMPP-container and
have some
problems.

I create ecf.xmpp.smack container, connect to my jabber
account
"samolisov@xxxxx" (connect fine, I watch myself online),
create
channel
with name "channel"

IChannelContainerAdapter channelContainer =
(IChannelContainerAdapter)
_container.getAdapter(IChannelContainerAdapter.class);
channelContainer.createChannel(getNewID(CHANNEL_NAME),
getChannelListener(), null);

Bundle keep run.

Late, I start this bundle with another config: I create
ecf.xmpp.smack
container, connect to my jabber account "samolisov@xxxxxxxxx"
(connect
fine, I watch myself online) and create channel with name
"channel".

And send message over channel to my another account:

IChannel sender = getChannel();
System.out.println("to = " + System.getProperty(XMPP_TO_ID));
sender.sendMessage(IDFactory.getDefault().createID(IDFactory.getDefault().getNamespaceByName(XMPP_NAMESPACE),"samolisov@ya,ru")

,"Hello!".getBytes());

Now are running two bundles with two containers.

But! This data has sended to my container (i.e. container
that send
this
data: "samolisov@xxxxxxxxx") and do not received by container
that I
send this message ("samolisov@xxxxx").
Your phrasing in the description above is a little unclear
to me
so I
want to check:  are you saying that the "Hello" message is
received by
the container that's doing the sending (samolisov@xxxxxxxxx),
rather
than the target account/container? (i.e. samolisov@ya,ru
...I'm not
sure if the comma is a typo, but I assume it is).  So the
sender is
receiving the message but not the intended receiver?

And I can see that the two accounts are on different XMPP
servers
(gmail.com and ya.ru).  Are these XMPP servers able to
communicate/federate?

Thanks,

Scott

- --