Re: [ecf-dev] Splitting an old String

Hi Dann,

It seems that Stringtokenizer treats consecutive delimiters as one. It does not state that in the docs...

Thanks for helping,

Wim

On Sun, Oct 18, 2009 at 10:20 PM, Dann Martens <dann@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

Scratch that: the Javadoc is in error, and is clearly a cut 'n paste mistake from the SE Javadoc.

Did you verify the Stringtokenizer issue in an SE test, to try to understand why it's failing on your Foundation 1.1 platform?

Best regards,
Dann

Wim Jongman wrote:
Hi,

I have almost ironed out the downport to foundation 1.1 for the core NNTP classes. But i have troubles replacing String.split(regex). I tried Stringtokenizer but this class fails to correctly split
"xxx\txxx\t\txxx" into fours strings with \t as the token.
I don't want to write the millionth String splitter class. Is there one already available that works with foundation 1.1?

--

Met vriendelijke groet,

Wim Jongman

Remain Software (http://remainsoftware.com)