Re: [ecf-dev] getting started with ECF

Scott,
I checked out the 3 bundles from CSV and added this line
final IContainer server =
containerFactory.createContainer("ecf.generic.server",
IDFactory.getDefault().createStringID("ecftcp://localhost:3282/server"));

and it works!  Thanks so much for all your help.  Now i have a foot in the door.
Best,
Dave Donohue

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 10:25 AM, Scott Lewis <slewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> Somehow you seemed to have got a copy of the hello host that I don't
> recognize.  That is, from the stack trace your bundle and package is
>
> org.eclipse.ecf.internal.examples.remoteservices.hello.host.rs
>
> while the copy that I have from HEAD is
>
> org.eclipse.ecf.internal.examples.remoteservices.hello.host
>
> Further, in the
> org.eclipse.ecf.internal.examples.remoteservices.hello.host.Activator class,
> line 45 (where you are having the NPE according to stack trace), it's in the
> middle of the bundle 'stop' method (which doesn't seem right at all to
> me...as it should be somewhere in start() as the stack trace indicates).  So
> I think we are somehow working from different codebases.
>
> Would you try getting the latest copy of these three bundles from HEAD:
>
> path:  /cvsroot/rt
> modules:
>  org.eclipse.ecf/examples/bundles/org.eclipse.ecf.examples.remoteservices.hello
> org.eclipse.ecf/examples/bundles/org.eclipse.ecf.examples.remoteservices.hello.consumer
> org.eclipse.ecf/examples/bundles/org.eclipse.ecf.examples.remoteservices.hello.host
>
> And give things a try with these.  OR if you want to continue working with
> the code in your workspace, would you be able to zip up the entire project
> and attach it to a new bug report...as it doesn't seem to be the same as
> what is currently in CVS.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Scott

Back to the top