Re: [ecf-dev] RFC119 problems

Bryan Hunt wrote:

> It seems to me that there are three possibilities:
>
> 1. location should be unique and it's not

That's how I designed it. Since location is modeled to be an URI, you
could distinguish your services via e.g. a path.

osgiservices://server_ip:9278/a
osgiservices://server_ip:9278/b

Scott and me had a controversial discussion about this a while ago too [1].

> 2. type should be unique and it's not

Definitely not. There can be many instances providing a service type.

> 3. I must override ServiceID.equals() and compare the values of the
> ecf.rsvc.id which I read from your last email as the way service id's
> are unique.

Obviously this works too and if you need the added flexibility over 1.,
you should stick with this solution.

Markus

[1] https://bugs.eclipse.org/266723

Back to the top