From: ecf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ecf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Scott Lewis
Sent: Monday, September 14, 2009 4:21 AM
To: Eclipse Communication Framework (ECF) developer mailing list.
Subject: Re: [ecf-dev] ECF 3.1 download?

Hi Bryan,

For debugging purposes, you may wish to register your own
implementations of the following services:

Discovery listeners
org.eclipse.ecf.osgi.services.discovery.IHostDiscoveryListener
org.eclipse.ecf.osgi.services.discovery.IProxyDiscoveryListener

Distribution Listeners
org.eclipse.ecf.osgi.services.distribution.IHostDistributionListener
org.eclipse.ecf.osgi.services.distribution.IProxyDistributionListener

If you register an implementer of these listeners as a service, then
at
runtime they will be notified (on the host and proxy processes,
respectively), when the various steps in the discovery/distribution
process occur.

Also, there are trace options for the discovery and distribution
impls.
Unfortunately, we accidently left the .options files out of the
bundles
for the 3.0 build, but they are/will be in the target bundles for 3.1.

Scott

Bryan Hunt wrote:
HI Scott,

I'm using r-OSGi with my own discovery provider as I'm deploying
services on a WAN.  What I know so far is that the server seems to
advertise the services I expect, the client connects to the
discovery
provider and gets the list of services from my provider,  and after
that, things go badly.  I might be able to give you more info later
tonight, and if not, hopefully tomorrow.

Bryan