Re: [ecf-dev] newsreader contribution

Hi Thomas,

Thomas Hallgren wrote:
On 09/07/2009 01:56 AM, Scott Lewis wrote:

4) I notice that the execution environment for most of the plugins was set to J2SE-1.5. This is *fine*, but *if possible*, it would be great to move this *down* to J2SE-1.4 or even CDC 1.1/Foundation 1.1. This would allow the relevant code to run on smaller/older runtimes. For example, perhaps the model bundle could be moved down to CDC 1.1/Foundation 1.1

Just out of curiosity, which devices are there that still linger on 1.4? Is it really of interest to run a newsreader on them? (I've heard mentions of ski-lifts and similar).

:-)...yeah...all those ski lifts that want to talk nttp (to notifiy the skiers of the load on the chair lift via the newsgroup).

As per Thomas' point, there's not much to be gained these days by moving down from 1.5 to 1.4. If (some) things can be moved down to CDC 1.1/Foundation 1.1 that would have a greater effect.

Scott

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren