[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [ecf-dev] Can I use RCF119 without service discovery?
- From: Markus Alexander Kuppe <ecf-dev_eclipse.org@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 12:55:29 +0200
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mailscanner-null-check: 1249642533.0258@A5kAANEqKf0XPgL+4BwrcA
- User-agent: Thunderbird 18.104.22.168 (X11/20090608)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Wojciech Galanciak wrote:
> I want to establish point to point connection between two OSGi
> applications using rcf119. Example
> from http://wiki.eclipse.org/Getting_Started_with_ECF's_RFC119_Implementation
> <http://wiki.eclipse.org/Getting_Started_with_ECF's_RFC119_Implementation> works
> well but I want to find the service directly on e.g. localhost:9111
> without discover the services advertised by servers in the all LAN.
that's where file based discovery comes in. It allows you to define the
endpoint description on the client side. Unfortunately the code hasn't
been IP approved yet so you'll have to download it from CVS at OSU.
Documentation can be found as part of the EclipseCon 2009 tutorial on
distributed OSGi given by Scott and me.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----