Re: [ecf-dev] debug popup window in XMPP

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 6:44 PM, Scott Lewis<slewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I think the thinking was that within Eclipse, it might be considered
> distracting to have the message view popup with every message receive (as
> this would take focus away from other things the user might be doing...e.g.
> editing, navigating through resources, etc).

This is intentional. Subsequent messages would be notified to the user via the view's title becoming bold (or maybe it was italicized). I've not used an IM client that gave me a popup on every message I received so it was implemented this way. Admittedly, IM clients would make the window flash in the task bar if a new message was received. This is not done in this case. I'm not sure if this is possible with SWT APIs off-hand, if it is then that should probably be used.

If you would like to submit a patch to ensure that popups always appear, feel free.

Remy

Back to the top