Re: [ecf-dev] ECF build v2 -- Build easier

On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 12:21 PM, Scott Lewis <slewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
In broad strokes, we need to:

1) Add bundle signing (for dev.eclipse.org build)
2) Setup/refactor the features so that we can build
  a) weekly platform integration builds (i.e. filetransfer and ECF core)
  b) auto, daily, integration and release builds (on-demand for release...others can be automated)
3) Add a builder for the features/bundles at OSU OSL (including JMS/ActiveMQ, Yahoo provider, TweetHub (product), and perhaps other things...e.g. SOC student work)
4) Add automated junit testing
5) Add support for Markus' work on distributing testing framework
6+) The million other things that have to be done for 'build system care and feeding' :)
7) The other things that I've forgotten

Before we hastily move to Buckminster, please note that the Athena common build system supports most of these things. I'm going to CC Nick Boldt to give some input. In PDE, we recently setup a build for some incubator code using Athena and it was easy.

Cheers,

--
Chris Aniszczyk | EclipseSource Austin | +1 860 839 2465
http://twitter.com/eclipsesource | http://twitter.com/caniszczyk

Back to the top