Re: [ecf-dev] HEAD open for 4.0 development?

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 2:46 PM, Scott Lewis<slewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> True....but the other side of the marketing coin is true also...that is, if
> we can't move quickly enough in our own relevant area then we are also
> likely to suffer in marketing terms...that is, we won't be 'new and cool'.

Well, who and/or what exactly is "holding us back"? Are you talking
about the requests to "slow down"? If by quickly you mean in
"development", well, that is unavoidable considering the number of
people that work on ECF full-time.

Not being "new and cool" is not the consumer's problem in my opinion.
I mean, sure, we'll feel kind of down about it as committers and
contributors. But if the committers and contributors are not putting
time into ECF then it's not going to be "new and cool", plain and
simple. If no one has time to work on ECF to make it "new and cool"
every year by investing some cycles on it, then that's that.
Naturally, consumers will suffer if development has halted but if no
one wants to take some time out to work on ECF, then that's nobody's
fault if you ask me.

Regards,
Remy

Back to the top