[ecf-dev] Re: [soc-dev] Soc Project Introduction

Hi Jake,

I really appreciate your help on this. Yeah Jake, i asked it from Scott and My mentor Roland about it and I'm waiting to hear it from them. and your point is correct. but this only appies to the packages "gov.nist", "test" and "tools" as it is given in this. But the SIP implementation is under javax.sip package and it  is covered under a different license given in JSIP Spec License.

This is extracted from it.

"For the purposes of this Agreement: "Independent Implementation" shall mean an implementation of the Specification that neither derives from any of Sun's or BEA’s source code or binary code materials nor, except with an appropriate and separate license
from Sun or BEA, as applicable, includes any of Sun's or BEA’s source code or binary code materials; and "Licensor Name Space" shall mean the public class or interface declarations whose names begin with "java", "javax", "com.sun" or their equivalents in any
subsequent naming convention adopted by Sun through the Java Community Process, or any recognized successors or replacements thereof."

That is the only point that i'm not sure whether it's eligibile for ECF under EPL.

Thanks and Regards,
Harshana Martin