Re: [ecf-dev] ECF 3.0 branch and update

Hi Markus,

Markus Alexander Kuppe wrote:

Scott Lewis wrote:
HEAD is now available for changes that are intended for after Galileo
(i.e. ECF 3.1 or later).  *But* since we haven't yet jointly decided
what next year's versioning and release timing will be, please do not
introduce API breaking changes until we figure out what our planned
releases will be next year (i.e. major release or minor releases only,
etc).  I would like to have a discussion about versioning for next year
at ECF's next conference call (next Tuesday, June 9).

FWIW people have already started collection 4.0 TODO
http://wiki.eclipse.org/ECF_4.0_ToDo_collection

Ok.
And can we get a 4.0 in Bugzilla?

Yeah, I'll do it this weekend sometime. My advice is to consider carefully how much to work on breaking API changes...only because the timeline for such work is not established yet.

Note that the Galileo repo will *not* include the ECF filetransfer
bundles...rather these bundles should be gotten from the platform.  If
this affects any consumers of ECF negatively, please make it known here
and we'll figure something out.

Just filetransfer or also core and identity? And is this going cause us
grief again because we are unable to update all of them?

Yes, core and identity too (i.e. all 11 of those listed in [1]). This restriction is only until the Galileo release, and I'm confident that we can work out less/no grief with the combination of a) our new builds...and b) with working out new procedures with p2/platform team....both of which are slated for post-Galileo.

Scott

Back to the top