[ecf-dev] How to register a discovery provider?

What's the proper way in ECF 3.0 to register a discovery provider?  In looking at the existing jmdns provider, it registers a ContainerInstantiator as an extension but createInstance() is never called.  The bundle activator instead registers the container as a service.  In looking at the dnssd provider, it only uses the ContainerInstantiator extension but again, createInstance() is never called.  So it seems that registering the provider as an OSGi service in the bundle activator is the way to go?  The jmdns provider is registered with the property IDiscoveryService.CONTAINER_NAME which is deprecated.  I'm ok using that to get going, but need to know the proper way to get my provider hooked into ECF.

Bryan

Back to the top