[ecf-dev] Galileo release review slides and N&N

Hi Folks,

As part of the Galileo release there is a release review, that we are required to participate in (also serves as our 3.0 release review). See below for Anne's email notice.

I would like to ask that the ECF committers please contribute 1 or 2 slides for the areas listed below. I have the following major additions/changes in ECF 3.0 in my head (please amend these if they are incorrect):

Presence User Search API  - Marcelo
Team Impl for Resource Synchronization - Remy
Discovery API, JmDNS, SLP - Markus
r-OSGi provider and enhancements/fixes - Jan
Real-Time Shared Editing:  Sync API, Docshare - Mustafa and Marcelo
Enhancements to ECF core - Scott
Storage API (use of Equinox Secure Preferences) - Scott
Filetransfer (for P2/Platform) - Scott
RFC119 Support - Scott
Releng - Ted

If there are other major things that people feel should be included please add to this list. I'm just doing this from memory and I'm sure I've missed things that should be included.

I would highly appreciate it if the folks listed above could create 1 or two slides describing the work done in that area, and provide to me as either a PDF, or Powerpoint.

Also in some cases we need entries for the ECF New and Noteworthy for some of the work.

Thanks,

Scott

Hello Galileo participants,

Thanks for your continuing work and attention in getting ready for this release! We are approaching our June 10 review date, and this note is to remind you of some deadlines that are fast approaching. *A**s always, you don't need to wait until the final deadline to submit!* Earlier is better, and this especially applies to projects using the IP Log Tool (see below for more on this).

*Review Slides*
*

   * Deadline for submitting to EMO is Friday, May 29 (submit via email
     to emo@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:emo@xxxxxxxxxxx>)
   * Please submit two pdfs for your review docuware
         o the "full deck" of slides for your project, making sure to
include the information listed here: [1] <http://wiki.eclipse.org/Development_Resources/HOWTO/Review_Information_for_Project_Leads#Docuware_Contents>
         o a "mini deck" -- two to four slides summarizing your Galileo
           release; here's an example of one from Ganymede:  [2]
           <http://www.eclipse.org/project-slides/MDT_UML2Tools_minideck.pdf>

*

*IP Log*

   * Deadline for submitting to the IP Team (emo-ip-team@xxxxxxxxxxx
     <mailto:emo-ip-team@xxxxxxxxxxx>) is Wednesday, June 3
   * Projects are encouraged to use the IP Log Tool [3]
     <http://wiki.eclipse.org/Development_Resources/Automatic_IP_Log>.
     If you are not familiar with the tool, we suggest that you try it
     out, look at the output, and use the documentation to correct any
     issues before submitting the final log. If you ask EMO for help
     with the tool *before Friday, May 29,* we will do our best to
     assist you.

Thanks again, and please let us know is you have questions or need help (via email to emo@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:emo@xxxxxxxxxxx>).

Anne Jacko
emo@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:emo@xxxxxxxxxxx>