[ecf-dev] ECF-RFC119 custom discovery provider?

I'm now looking at creating a custom discovery provider. My services will be distributed across a WAN, but I'll have a couple of permanent servers that can be used for discovery. Looking at the JMDNS provider, I see it contributes three factories:

ecf.discovery.jmdns
ecf.discovery.jmdns.locator
ecf.discovery.jmdns.advertiser

I think I understand the locator and the advertiser ... what's the third factory? If I have a service that needs to be discovered, but will never access any other remote services, do I still need to provide all three factories? Also, is extending AbstractDiscoveryContainerAdapter the place to start?

Bryan

Back to the top