RE: [ecf-dev] ECF-RFC119 with R-OSGi and SLP discovery:ClassCastException

Bryan,

Of course, I can try ... but indeed it has been quite a lot of trial and error and doing things
I'm not completely aware of why I'm doing them (:

Well I have:
- an "init" bundle with an activator that creates an R-OSGi container, i.e. something like
  getContainerManager().getContainerFactory().createContainer("ecf.r_osgi.peer");
  (I copied this from the EclipseCon tutorial code).
  it also contains the interface of my remote service (just a HelloWorld-thing)
- one bundle that contains the server implementation and DS component description
- one bundle that contains the client implementation and
- List of bundles: In the launch config I selected
  - my "init" bundle + the server or client bundle
  - ...equinox.ds
  - ...ecf.osgi.services.distribution and ... discovery
  - the two r_osgi bundles
  - the jmdns bundle
  and pressed "Add required bundles".
- In the VM arguments of the launches I added "-Dnet.slp.port=65427 -Dnet.mdns.port=65353".
  I think I also found this in the EclipseCon tutorial samples.

I replayed this just now and it still seems to work. I noticed however, that the start level of
the DS bundle can be critical. There were times when I needed to increase it above the default
start level. This probably relates to your issue 277008, I suppose.

If you want to, I can also send you my helloworld bundles, there's nothing secret in them (-;

Cheers,
Jürgen.