[ecf-dev] Problems with IRemoteServiceContainerAdapter

Hi,

we are trying now for hours to get an example running with ECF. We would like to use remote services in hour application and thus do the following stuff:

1. Register remote services:
public void registerRemoteService(String serviceName, Object impl,
ID[] targetUserIDs) {

Dictionary<String, ID[]> props = new Hashtable<String, ID[]>();
props.put(Constants.SERVICE_REGISTRATION_TARGETS, targetUserIDs);

// register ECF remote service
getRemoteServiceContainerAdapter().registerRemoteService(
new String[] { serviceName }, impl, props);
}

2. Retrieve remote services:
public <T> List<T> getRemoteService(Class<T> service, ID[] filterUserIDs,
String filter) throws ECFException, InvalidSyntaxException {
List<T> remoteServices = new ArrayList<T>();

IRemoteServiceContainerAdapter remoteServiceContainerAdapter = getRemoteServiceContainerAdapter();

// This method does not work. It doesn't matter which filterIDs we provide, our remote services can not be found!
// The remoteServiceContainerAdapter always finds his own registered remote service but not the those other clients offer
IRemoteServiceReference[] refs = remoteServiceContainerAdapter
.getRemoteServiceReferences(filterUserIDs, service.getName(),
filter);

Is this a known issue or should I open a bug? We are using ECF 3.0.v20090513-0832 with Eclipse 3.5

Regards,
Eugen

Back to the top