Re: [ecf-dev] Can I know reason for Not selecting me?

Hi Sreyansh,

Sreyansh Gandhi wrote:
Thanks for reply Scott.
I really appreciate it. I wish all GSoCers best of luck. I will
definitely like to contribute to Eclipse.

All I feel is I could have shown GSoC as my Under Graduate project.
Never mind :)

I understand the desire and disappointment here...and am sorry that it wasn't realized in this GSOC cycle. But if you want to have an under graduate project and contribute to the Eclipse/ECF communities, I believe this opportunity is still open to you.

If you make quality contributions, and work cooperatively with the ECF community and committers, this will be of great benefit to you as well...in experience, working with a great team, working on an excellent piece of software technology, and potential for wide usage/distribution as part of ECF/Eclipse. I know that typical Under Graduate projects do not typically include a large community working on something (rather usually are the student working pretty much alone), but this doesn't seem (to me) an immutable law of nature :).

I guess what I'm saying is...if you still want to participate in ECF then please do so. There will be a lot of work on REST/ECF, etc for the next year...and there will be many of us working on it at different times/forms. What you get out of it will be a function of what you put into it (at least that's been my experience).

Scott

Back to the top