Re: [ecf-dev] Datashare channels...

Hi Remy,

Remy Chi Jian Suen wrote:
Hi Scott,

On Sat, Mar 28, 2009 at 3:01 PM, Scott Lewis <slewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
1) Use Buddy Classloading (with appropriate one...e.g. dependents, etc).
2) Use OSGi's Dynamic-ImportPackage  (with wildcard I expect)

In bundle B.

Wait a minute here. Why does DocShare not need to do this? It can
deserialize XMPPIDs just fine. Am I missing something here?

Because the XMPPID serialization/deserialization is done by the XMPP provider...and those classes (XMPPID) are available in the class namespace of that provider.

So what are you using to implement datashare in this case?  Is it nio?  Note
that we've already got a signs of life provider based upon CDO (which is in
in turn based upon nio)...but the more the merrier, of course.

Since NIO does non-blocking I'm using that at the moment. It would be
nice if it could be replaced by (the presumably superior) CDO
implementation though.

As far as I'm concerned, it would be useful to have more than one nio-based provider/implementation. Where is the nio implementation that you've been working on (Remy)? Does it talk directly to the java.nio API, or does it use some other lib in between (e.g. Mina, etc)?

Thanks,

Scott

Remy