[ecf-dev] Remote service with ActiveMQ JMS topic using RFC 119 transparent way.

Hi,
 I am trying to use the ECF remote services with RFC 119 for testing publish subscribe mechanism using ACtive MQ Topic.

I have a client which creates a ECF client container and publish a message to the Active MQ Topic and a subscriber service which listens on this topic to process this message. Both the client and service have ECF client containers(ecf.jms.activemq.tcp.client).

I start the activeMq JMS server application to act as the ECF server which connects to the ActiveMQ JMS broker. Though all looks fine from outside, but I don't see my client publishing the actual message to the topic. It is kind of sending empty messages and the jms server manager looks like processing it. The client consumer who is supposed to listen to the topic don't seems to have a listener on the same topic. How do I make my application work? Is there something wrong I am doing. Can someone point to right way of doing this.

Appreciate any help in advance.

These are the things I am doing in a nutshell.

 1. Start the ActiveMQ broker at port 61616 ( e.g: tcp://localhost:61616/exampleTopic)

 2. Start the ACtiveMQ JMS server application from org.eclipse.ecf.provider.jms.activemq
 set the PROGRAM ARGUMENTS to tcp://localhost:61616/exampleTopic"

 3. Start my client1 consumer OSGI bundle which distributes the service.( what do I need to do here to make the client1 listens to the example topic so that it can process the message coming to the exampleTopic). I currently start a container with the type set to ecf.jms.activemq.tcp.client.

 4. Start my client2 another OSGi bundle, which publish a message to the same topic above.

Regards
Roshan

Back to the top