Re: [ecf-dev] Java remoting protocol benchmarks

Christian Campo wrote:
Sure you are right as usual :-)

Ah, I wish it were true :)

RE: RMI...what's really being tested in these tests, I believe, is the serialization performance...as the tests were done on the localhost in two separate processes (i.e. with no network). So the java serialization perf is what the RMI tests actually show. Java serialization is used in several providers and isn't likely going anywhere.

I agree the Hessian performance looks good...although IMHO performance is only one aspect to choosing a serialization format. One reason that we've taken the approach of having multiple providers (with different serialization means) is that this allows the use of whichever serialization is needed for given use cases (i.e. for interoperability or other requirements).
Thanks,

Scott

Back to the top