Re: [ecf-dev] Java remoting protocol benchmarks

Sure you are right as usual :-)

As I said ".....We use Hessian 2.....". So yes we use Hessian 2, which has a compatibility mode for Hessian 1 (so it can talk to Hessian 1 clients).

But Hessian is the way to go for binary protocols I believe unless you like to use RMI (discontinued by Sun) and any of its variations. HTTP Invoker from Spring is also pretty fast and cool since it uses HTTP protocol and can go through HTTP firewalls. Still it requires every class to be marked as Serializable which I personally think is already too much to ask. Hessian has a check for that, which you can disable and we did.

christian