Re: [ecf-dev] Remote services with XMPP between Linux and Windows

Hi,

> Excellent!  Would you mind describing with a note to this list what you
> are doing with the XMPP-based remote services?  Others on this list
> might be interested...and I know I would be very interested as well.

We are realizing a collaborative platform for science. This is made up
of a kernel and an user interface build with RCP. The kernel uses a database
with EclipseLink for persistence. The kernel and the ui communicate via
XMPP remote services. The users are authenticated in the kernel when
connecting with their XMPP identifier (done in the splash screen). The
users can communicate together by instant messaging. The system also
uses XMPP files transfers to transfer files between kernel and the user
interfaces.

> Further...is there some potential for you to contribute an example
> application using ECF remote services?  We (ECF team) are looking for
> interesting applications that use ECF remote services (on whichever
> transport) and would like to make them available via ECF's wiki
> page...and perhaps even as part of ECF distros.

Yes. I think about an example application which can demonstrate for
instant message :
 * presence,
 * remote services (events, proxy, sync, async, fireasync),
 * file transfers,
 * chat
Perhaps an RCP application (like my preceding 'testBidule'), with a view
by functionality with few text fields to set parameters (such as name space,
container, identifier, pwd, etc ...) ?

Guillaume