Von: ecf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ecf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] Im Auftrag von Markus Alexander Kuppe
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 8. April 2009 10:05
An: Eclipse Communication Framework (ECF) developer mailing list.
Betreff: Re: [ecf-dev] RFC 119 Modified-endmatch support

Konradi, Philipp wrote:
> Hi Markus,
>
> I think that depends pretty much on the (future) ECF Discovery API.
> Since currently there is no way to update a service publication or do a
> lookup using some property-based criterias, having such event type would
> only make sense in the RFC 119 mapping layer.
> In case we would add the mentioned functionalities to the ECF Discovery
> API, then it would be better IMHO to add event type MODIFIED and
> MODIFIED_ENDMATCH to IServiceEvent.

I lean towards implementing this functionality at the ECF Discovery API
layer to also make it available to non 119 users.
Additionally to adding an IServiceEventType, I'd opt for deprecating
org.eclipse.ecf.discovery.IServiceListener.serviceDiscovered(IServiceEvent)/serviceUndiscovered(IServiceEvent)
in favor of a new method serviceChanged. Much like in 119.

Unfortunately this can only be done in the ECF 4.0 time frame which is
probably due next year.

Markus