Re: [ecf-dev] REST abstraction for ECF - GSoC '09

Sreyansh Gandhi wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am Sreyansh from India. I really enjoy working on Eclipse and
> developing Plug-ins for it. GSoC is a wonderful chance for me to really
> give back to the Eclipse Community. I am interested in 'REST abstraction
> for ECF' project found in GSoC 2009 ideas page.
>
> I have worked  on a project that includes Eclipse's EMF, GMF, GEF and
> also used UML2.  Currently I am interested in Web2.0 phenomena. This is
> the reason I have narrowed down to the idea based on REST.
>
> I wanted to ask devs out here, that What exactly they expect from a
> student? What kind of skills? What we need to know before writing our
> application?

Hi Sreyansh,

thanks for your interest in ECF and SoC. Unfortunately I don't know much
about REST, so I leave that to others. But here a two pointers where you
can find general information regarding SoC at Eclipse. Both list what
mentors usually expect from a student.

http://www.eclipse.org/soc/
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Google_Summer_of_Code

Markus