[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [ecf-dev] ECF + GSOC 2009?
- From: Scott Lewis <slewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 10:22:26 -0700
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- User-agent: Thunderbird 18.104.22.168 (Windows/20081209)
Markus Alexander Kuppe wrote:
Me being a student myself again :),
I refuse to be the mentor for this guy...his proposals always go no
Just to make sure that no one misinterprets: the line above is a JOKE
(ok, not that funny, but if you knew how much Markus has done with/for
ECF you would be laughing now). I wonder how Google Summer of Code will
handle a mentor/student combination? Maybe you'll define a new category
(studtor or something?)
I intent to apply for something
along the lines of distributed testing. Obviously based on ECF and RFC119.
I think a distributed services test harness sub-project would be
*fantastic*...possibly using g-Eclipse and/or other grid computing
efforts. There's also room for tooling work here as well...e.g. Eclipse
plugins that managed/reported distributed junit tests.
BTW, two other ideas I've had for projects if some are interested
1) ECF filetransfer provider based upon the Apache httpcore (httpclient
2) A filetransfer provider based upon Hadoop: