Re: [ecf-dev] ECF + GSOC 2009?

Hi Chris,

Holger Staudecher and I are working on a proposal for REST-based remote services (i.e. set of support classes for implementing rest-based remote services...akin to twitter4j but generalized to allow for usage with other rest-based protocols).

Although I can't go into detail right now, I would love to see proposals for:

1) Applications that use the RFC 119/ECF remote services and discovery...to do interesting things...e.g. grids/server-to-server communication
2) Enhancements to docshare/real-time shared editing
   a) > 2 participants
b) more integration with resource-level sharing (i.e. the team api concepts) 3) More impls of the new presence user search API (added by Marcelo recently)
4) More on VOIP (skype, xmpp/jingle, sip, others)
5) iTunes client (that uses discovery/daap/dacp)

Other committers should please throw out ideas as well.

Thanks,

Scott

Chris Aniszczyk wrote:
Howdy ECF team, has anyone given thought about participating in GSOC 2009?
     http://wiki.eclipse.org/Google_Summer_of_Code_2009_Ideas

I don't see any ECF ideas there yet. I'm sure we can think of some providers and other things that students could help with!

Any thoughts?

Cheers,

--
Chris Aniszczyk | EclipseSource Austin | +1 860 839 2465
http://twitter.com/eclipsesource | http://twitter.com/caniszczyk