[ecf-dev] New ECF contributor and filetransfer/httpclient

Folks,

FYI, in order to support Henrich's work* on an httpclient-based http server, today I've added two new test plugins:

org.eclipse.ecf//tests/bundles/org.eclipse.ecf.tests.apache.httpclient.server
(this contains code from the apache httpclient 3.0.1 'tests/src' directory)

org.eclipse.ecf//tests/bundles/org.eclipse.ecf.tests.filetransfer.httpserver
(this is initially empty...Henrich will be providing code for this soon...so that we can have tests of the http filetransfer that use a 'faulty' server...i.e. to simulate server and/or network failures, as well as slow servers etc).

So soon we will need to include these bundles in the automated tests (as other automated tests that Henrich is working on will use this code). But we don't need to actually run these automated tests yet (they are intended as test support bundles).

Scott

*Henrich Kraemer from IBM is now going to be contributing work on the filetransfer API and httpclient provider (at least)...with code to support immediately responsive cancellation, more sophisticated authentication, more filetransfer testing (with faulty/slow servers)...in order to increase the robustness of the httpclient-based filetransfer provider in support of Galileo. Please welcome Henrich to the team...and I'll speak for everyone to say: thanks Henrich (and IBM) for contributing to ECF!!

Back to the top