Re: [ecf-dev] Exception handling start message null

Hi Pawel,

Paweł Koperek wrote:
On Fri, 6 Feb 2009 13:36:29 +0100
Paweł Koperek <koperek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi List,

I recently tried to use collaborative editing of files (just plain
text files) in ECF with DocShare over XMPPS (gmail). I follow the
guide from http://wiki.eclipse.org/DocShare_Plugin. Always, after a
couple of minutes, I get a popup with following message: Exception
handling start message null. I tried to debug it - a
BadLocationException is thrown somewhere in lines 432-451 of
DocShare.java. I've tested versions 2.1 and 2.0 of ECF - both have the
same problem. It looks like the contents of text file get
desynchronized.
Is it a common problem?
Any comments/suggestions? Anyone?

As far as I know, it is not a common problem...I have not seen it before.

One thought...is it possible that one of the clients is using the ECF 3.0 stream? With ECF 3.0 we've made a number of changes, and the 3.0 clients are not compatible with the 2.0/2.1-based clients (unfortunately...but the scope of the changes in ECF 3.0...specifically the abstraction into the new sync API...made it necessary to change the wire protocol significantly).

Is there anything in the log when this happens?  If so could you attach it?

Also...if you are able, we would appreciate you trying to reproduce using two ECF 3.0 clients...so that we can prevent this problem from appearing in ECF 3.0.

Thanks much,

Scott

Regards,
Pawel