Re: [ecf-dev] Preliminary tests results from automated test execution

Hi Markus,

Markus Alexander Kuppe wrote:
Hi,

http://ecf2.osuosl.org/html/ shows preliminary test results from the new
automated test execution. Please have a look and tell me what's wrong with:

org.eclipse.ecf.tests.datashare

These errors were due to the ContainerAbstractTestCase requiring usernames and passwords...even when they aren't used. I've fixed this and committed the change to head (in ContainerAbstractTestCase, which is in org.eclipse.ecf.tests).

org.eclipse.ecf.tests.filetransfer

This is looking for and not finding a file 'test.txt' in the plugin's directory. test.txt is use for the file sender tests.

org.eclipse.ecf.tests.provider.filetransfer.efs

For the sender test failure it's also the missing test.txt file. For the RetrieveTest failure it was a problem with the RetrieveTest implementation, which I've fixed and committed to HEAD.

org.eclipse.ecf.tests.provider.filetransfer.scp

This test requires a System property -Durl=<some value> for a remote file accessible via scp. For example:

-Durl=scp://slewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/test.txt

Note that this assumes username 'slewis' account on ecf1.osuosl.org, and a file 'test.txt' in slewis' home directory. Also required is a System property 'password' with the password (or passphrase) to use for accessing slewis' account (or whatever account is used for testing).

The url and password system properties have to be set for both the retrieval and the sending. The test sender sends the file test.txt expected to exist in the working directory.

org.eclipse.ecf.tests.provider.filetransfer.xmpp

This is because the following system properties must be set:

username0=fliwatuet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
password0=fliwatuet
username1=guest1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
password1=guest1

org.eclipse.ecf.tests.provider.jmdns

The only failure I seem to see when I run these tests locally is a failure on the testJMDNSServiceTypeIDWithIPv6 test case...but it's just implemented to fail immediately:

   public void testJMDNSServiceTypeIDWithIPv6() {
final String serviceType = "1.0.0.0.0.c.e.f.f.f.6.5.0.5.2.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.8.e.f.ip6.arpa."; fail("Not implemented yet, don't know how to handle this service type " + serviceType + " if it even is one");
   }

As for the others, I'm not showing any other errors on my tests on windows xp...so I'm not immediately sure what's going on on the test machine.

org.eclipse.ecf.tests.provider.xmpp

This test plugin needs usernames and passwords (at least two) similar to the

org.eclipse.ecf.tests.provider.filetransfer.xmpp

 test above.

Also, the tests require a chat room that's named with the system property

-Dchat.room.name=<room name>

There's a chat room named 'ecf' on ecf.eclipse.org right now, so -Dchat.room.name=ecf works. But this can be any chat room that is on the given server.

org.eclipse.ecf.tests.remoteservice

The first r-OSGi tests seem to hang...I'm not sure why. I'll look into this further...could it have something to do with the r-OSGi in tests running on the same machine (i.e. at different port?). I do see this to the Junit plugin test console:

WARNING: Port 9278 already in use. This instance of R-OSGi is running on port 9279

org.eclipse.ecf.tests.sharedobject

With the fixes I put in to *not* depend upon having usernames and passwords when not needed these now run OK for me.

Thanks,

Scott

It is probably related to the way the tests are executed.
Markus