Re: [ecf-dev] OSGi RFC 119 for ECF 3.0?

Hi Jan,

Are either/both of these (IONA or Siemens) open source? It seems (to me) wrong for closed, single-company implementations to be favored as reference implementations over open, multi-organization projects.

Scott

Rellermeyer Jan Simon wrote:

Hi Jeff,

> who is doing the official RI for 119? Either way it would be great for ECF to produce a certified compliant implementaiton.

I know that IONA has a working prototype for the distribution so I guess they will do the RI. Siemens has a RI for the discovery part.

Cheers,

Jan.

MSc Jan S. Rellermeyer, Systems Group, Department of Computer Science, ETH Zurich

IFW B 47.1, Haldeneggsteig 4, CH–8092 Zürich, Switzerland

http://www.systems.ethz.ch <http://www.iks.inf.ethz.ch/>