RE: [ecf-dev] OSGi RFC 119 for ECF 3.0?

> As I remember, the old version of RFC 119 had a declarative nature
> (meta-data rather than API focus).  Is that still true?

Yes, I think it's fair to say so.

> If it is still
> true do you think there are things about the spec that would imply
> changes to the runtime API?...or would it mostly be additions that we
> could build upon existing API?

There are changes, most of them because RFC 119 is likely to cause some changes to the OSGi core which we can use as well for our remote services. However, to answer this question in detail, I'll have to make some more deep investigations and/or just get started with trying to implement the current state of 119 upon ECF :-) (Both unlikely to happen before the end of this year though).

Cheers,

Jan.

MSc Jan S. Rellermeyer, Systems Group, Department of Computer Science, ETH Zurich
IFW B 47.1, Haldeneggsteig 4, CH–8092 Zürich, Switzerland
http://www.systems.ethz.ch