RE: [ecf-dev] OSGi RFC 119 for ECF 3.0?

> Seems like a great idea to me.  Could you please add it to the plan at:
> http://wiki.eclipse.org/ECF/Plan_for_3.0

Sure.

> Just for my information...is RFC 119 now moving forward?  How does it now look to you?

Yes, I think it has made good progress and we could refine quite a few of the open issues last week in the F2F.

> Is there an RI for RFC 119 already?

I think so. But the implementers of the current discovery RI were inspired by the ECF discovery API (it even uses jSLP). The remote service part is a little bit more complex and SOA-ish than what we have but definitely worthwhile to consider supporting it through our protocol portfolio.

Cheers,

Jan.

ETH Zurich, MSc Jan S. Rellermeyer, Systems Group,  Department of Computer Science
IFW B 47.1, Haldeneggsteig 4, CH–8092 Zürich
http://systems.ethz.ch