[ecf-dev] e4 and generic connection management

Hi Folks,

Some of you may be interested in a discussion beginning on e4 mailing list:

http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/eclipse-incubator-e4-dev/maillist.html

Here's the more directly relevant renamed thread ('E4 toward generic
connection management')

http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/eclipse-incubator-e4-dev/msg00601.html

What's happening is that a discussion is beginning about the appropriate
level(s) of abstraction for network distribution. We (ECF) have a lot
to say about this...both at the layer of generic connection management
(which is what the ECF IContainer provides), as well as model
distribution and synch (e.g. docshare/cola) and the granularity of
remote services (remote services API, service discovery).

In any event, I thought others might be interested in this e4 discussion.

Scott

Back to the top