Re: [ecf-dev] Doc share with file types other than .java and .txt

Hi Jason,

I've written a wiki page that describes how one can create a plugin (or modify an existing plugin) to support using docShare with other editors

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Extending_Real-Time_Shared_Editing_for_Use_with_Other_Editors

I don't know anything about the .cfm and .cfc editors, but if they are editors based upon ITextEditor then it should be possible.

Scott

Jason Dean wrote:
I am not sure if this is the right place to send this question. But a friend and i were trying to use docShare with ColdFusion files *.cfm and *.cfc and were would only receive errors. We eventually deduced that we could only use.txt or .java files. If this is true, is there a reason for this restriction? Is there a way around it?

Thanks for your time.

Jason