Re: [ecf-dev] Remote OSGi services

Hi Eugen,

Eugen Reiswich wrote:
Hi Scott,

as you already guessed right I'm passing a roster ID to the remote service because that's the only one I have. If this is the wrong way than how do I get the container ID for an IRosterEntry object?

This (getting the containerID given a IRosterEntry object) is probably something that we should add to the presence API (in ECF 2.1).

Another way to get the containerIDs for remote services is to listen for events via the IRemoteServiceContainerAdapter.addRemoteServiceListener(...).

But it would be a good idea to allow the association between containerIDs and rosterIDs in the presence API.

BTW Scott I've checked my remote provisioning source code in. If you would like to run the prototype I can send you a brief how to or drop it in a documentation folder.

I would like to try it sometime soon. If you are willing, could you create a wiki page and link to it on http://wiki.eclipse.org/ECF?

Thanks much,

Scott

Regards,