Re: [ecf-dev] Changing DocShare requirements to Java 1.5 and up - any objections?

Hi Jan,

On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 12:21 PM, Jan S. Rellermeyer
<rellermeyer@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I know generics very well.

OK.

> But as far as I know, generics are not using any
> specific new bytecode instructions [...]

AFAIK that is right.

> Hence, it should be absolutely possible to have a compiler
> supporting generics but creating bytecode which is backward compatible with
> J2SE and CDC.

This is/would have been most certainly within the realm of
possibility, but does not make a difference for what I was inquiring
for :)

Cheers,

Mustafa

--