Re: [ecf-dev] FYI: secure storage of namespaces and IDs

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 8:26 PM, Scott Lewis <slewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  I've started work on an API to store and retrieve ECF Namespaces/IDs via
> the new Equinox secure storage facility.

That sounds great.

> What this makes possible is the secure storage of ECF ID
> instances, and their subsequent use as keys in a
> simple database for holding associated information (e.g. passwords, other
> user account credentials, user data, etc).

Currently - when testing changes to Cola - I fire up two Eclipse
target instances and connect to two different XMPP accounts. This
requires for the account passwords to be typed in manually each time.

So this API could be utilized to get around this, right?

>  Are others interested in working together on this?

Yes.

Btw, do we have a conference call scheduled soon? I'd like to learn
what you all think about us using Guido van Rossum's recently released
Rietveld Code Review tool.

Google is using an internal version dubbed Mondrian - Guido gave an
excellent tech talk in 2006 explaining the tool and its usage:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8502904076440714866

Cheers,

Mustafa

--