Re: [ecf-dev] FYI: secure storage of namespaces and IDs

yes

Cheers,

---
Chris Aniszczyk | IBM Lotus | Eclipse Committer | http://mea-bloga.blogspot.com | +1.860.839.2465

Inactive hide details for Scott Lewis ---05/12/2008 01:26:39 PM---Hi Folks, I've started work on an API to store and retrieve EScott Lewis ---05/12/2008 01:26:39 PM---Hi Folks, I've started work on an API to store and retrieve ECF Namespaces/IDs via

Scott Lewis <slewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

05/12/2008 01:26 PM

[ecf-dev] FYI: secure storage of namespaces and IDs

Hi Folks,

I've started work on an API to store and retrieve ECF Namespaces/IDs via
the new Equinox secure storage facility.  What this makes possible is
the secure storage of ECF ID instances, and their subsequent use as keys
in a simple database for holding associated information (e.g. passwords,
other user account credentials, user data, etc).    It's just getting
started, and should be considered in incubation (it won't be going out
until at least ECF 2.1.0).

Among other things, this should be useful for a) single sign-on; b)
automatic connections to remote accounts upon startup.  Are others
interested in working together on this?

Scott

There is an initial cut at an IIDStore interface in new plugin:
org.eclipse.ecf.store, and some initial test code in
org.eclipse.ecf.tests.store.  See project set file below for access to
the code.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<psf version="2.0">
<provider id="org.eclipse.team.cvs.core.cvsnature">
<project
reference="1.0,:pserver:anonymous@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/cvsroot/technology,org.eclipse.ecf/plugins/org.eclipse.ecf.storage,org.eclipse.ecf.storage"/>
<project
reference="1.0,:anonymous@pserver:dev.eclipse.org:/cvsroot/technology,org.eclipse.ecf/tests/org.eclipse.ecf.tests.storage,org.eclipse.ecf.tests.storage"/>