Re: [ecf-dev] The httpclient provider

Hi Thomas,

Yes, it was deliberately removed. The httpclient provider has not been tested as much as as the JRE-based provider, and we don't want people to install the httpclient provider and have it not work properly with p2 (since it will override the JRE provider for http/https)...perhaps due to some untested/undiscovered issue.

If desired we can build it for buckminster via a new/separate feature.

Scott

Thomas Hallgren wrote:
Hi,
I'm no longer able to find the org.eclipse.provider.filetransfer.httpclient on your update site(s). Is this deliberate? I've temporarily excluded it from Buckminster to get passed the M7 release.

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren