Re: [ecf-dev] What can / must not be done with ECF ?

Thanks Scott for your detailled answer,

So, I'd like to be sure. I understand that if i want to write a :

- classical client / server application (which coud be based upon RMI);
- with no synchronous messaging need;
- with no VOIP need;
- no private protocol, i'd like to use an XMPP server (eventually connect ECF compatible python clients if it's possible one day).

Normaly, I should find all the bricks in ECF ?

Another technical question, is there really some cases where synchronous messages is the only solution to design an application ? I know, this question is out of context but your opinion is important for ECF adoption.

Does Asynchronous equal to less responsive client than synchronous (in the context of ECF) ?

Thanks a lot,

Cyril.

Back to the top