Re: [ecf-dev] Question: UI for reflective access to interfaces?

Hi Remy,

Remy Chi Jian Suen wrote:
On Feb 5, 2008 1:32 PM, Scott Lewis <slewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I've been working on some examples using the ECF remoteservices API
(soon to have r-OSGI as provider/impl), and would like to present a user
interface that given an interface class, allows the user to:

How does the user specify the class?

The class is specified as a service property in the discovered service (in the IServiceInfo). The user doesn't need to specify anything other than to select the discovered service and right click on it to bring up the dynamically constructed context menu (which can be extended via the org.eclipse.ecf.discovery.ui.serviceAccessHandler extension point).

Is the user just picking a random
.class file from some random location using an SWT FileDialog?

No.

Will
this be workspace-based?

I'm not sure. It would be nice, I think, if it didn't need the whole workspace, but if it was/is necessary I expect it would be OK since it's more a tooling thing than a runtime thing I suspect.

Scott

Back to the top