Re: [ecf-dev] JMDNS & ECF startup EP

Hi Markus,

Markus Alexande Kuppe wrote:
<stuff deleted>

Hi,

I've always wanted to have a discovery preference page where providers
can be enabled/disabled/marked for automatic startup/... for our own
product built on top of ECF, but haven't gotten around to actually
implementing it.
IMHO CompositeDiscoveryContainer/CompositeDiscoveryContainerInstantiator can be extended for this. This way the specific provider (jSLP/JMDNS) doesn't need to support this functionality. Agreement?

Yes, absolutely. I think this is the way to go. As far as I'm concerned we can/could consider the current approach simply temporary.

Scott

Back to the top