Re: [ecf-dev] JMDNS & ECF startup EP

Scott Lewis wrote:

I've been testing out the use of IDiscoveryService (for enhancing and simplifying the existing discovery UI).

With many apps (including Eclipse) it would probably make sense to start discovery upon app startup...but rather than do that (and since we can't control what bundles are started in Eclipse startup), for testing I tied it to the ECF startup.

Hi,

I've always wanted to have a discovery preference page where providers
can be enabled/disabled/marked for automatic startup/... for our own
product built on top of ECF, but haven't gotten around to actually
implementing it.
IMHO CompositeDiscoveryContainer/CompositeDiscoveryContainerInstantiator can be extended for this. This way the specific provider (jSLP/JMDNS) doesn't need to support this functionality. Agreement?

Cheers
Markus

Back to the top