Re: [ecf-dev] SharedObjects over XMPP

Hi Mario, Luca, and Pasquale,

Thanks so much for doing this summary...it looks excellent . In fact, with some additions and minor tweaks I would like to add it as an ECF wiki page at

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse_Communication_Framework_Project

And then link to it from the FAQ, other docs, etc. Would this be OK with all of you? It would make a tremendous community contribution. Note it would have to be under the Eclipse Public License (as all materials in the eclipse wiki are). Welcome to the ECF team!

Documentation contributions are more than welcome for ECF, BTW...as like other volunteer projects we never have enough documentation, and our resources are limited. And RE: your statement at the bottom: "An interesting improvement would be the construction of a Dynamic Proxy on top of the domain object to handle the sharing concern or just use an aspect to transparently decorate objects that are properly annotated". I agree completely with you...this would be a *very* interesting addition. Another aspect to this...we are soon going to be adding an r-OSGi-based (http://r-osgi.sourceforge.net/) implementation of the ECF remoteservices API, and r-OSGi uses ASM (http://asm.objectweb.org/) to create dynamic proxies. Once approved via IP process, we can/could also use ASM to create dynamic sharedobject proxies as you describe.

Scott

Pasquale Fersini wrote:
Mario Scalas ha scritto:
Hi Scott,
I'm working along with Luca (Bacco) and Pasquale (Fersini) who you already know about because of their issues with sharing objects over XMPP (or, at
least Scott knows about them ;)). I've set to discover more about the
problem yesterday and found something I wrote in the wiki of our project
[1]: some of them are not really new for whoever knows about how eclipse
deals with classloading but others, like the IOExceptions getting ignored in the XMPP send code, are things that should be emphasized since they'll avoid a few troubles to newcomers. Scott, I'd like you (and whoever in the mailing list is interested about the
argument) to give a look at the page and give us feedback about the
correctness of our discoveries or point out where we are doing things in The
Wrong Way(TM). Perhaps the resulting information will be useful for the
whole community.

Regards Mario

P.s.: please, reply to all since not all the stakeholders are subscribers of
the ECF-ML.

[1]
http://jazz.di.uniba.it:8000/econference-over-ecf/wiki/SharingObjectsWithXMP

Hi all,