Re: [ecf-dev] Filetransfer with platform proxy setting

Hi Jan,

Jan S. Rellermeyer wrote:
I just performed the filetransfer tests again with my proxy setup, this time
configured through the platform settings. I did two rounds of tests, the positive test (proxy server is running,
expected behavior: tests succeed) and the negative test (proxy settings
enabled but server is down, expected behavior: tests fail).

There is one observed result that I would like to discuss. When the proxy
setting is a SOCKS proxy but the proxy server is down, the
testHttpsReceiveFile unexpectedly succeeds. I would assume it should fail
because the SOCKS proxy setting is as well compulsory for http(s) transfer
I think it's a bug, http transfer must not bypass a SOCKS proxy. Am I wrong?

I think you are right...probably is a bug. But truthfully, I'm not certain of the required/specified behavior in this case.

Which provider was being used for this test (i.e. httpclient or urlconnection/default provider)? The answer to this makes a difference because ultimately we depend on the httpclient or urlconnection proxy code (httpclient has it's own proxy interface, urlconnection uses System properties httpProxy, socksProxy, etc).

For URLConnection it's in: UrlConnectionRetrieveFileTransfer.setupProxy:147
For httpclient it's in: HttpClientRetrieveFileTransfer: 422

Thanks,

Scott

Cheers,
Jan.