[ecf-dev] Filetransfer with platform proxy setting

I just performed the filetransfer tests again with my proxy setup, this time
configured through the platform settings.
I did two rounds of tests, the positive test (proxy server is running,
expected behavior: tests succeed) and the negative test (proxy settings
enabled but server is down, expected behavior: tests fail).

There is one observed result that I would like to discuss. When the proxy
setting is a SOCKS proxy but the proxy server is down, the
testHttpsReceiveFile unexpectedly succeeds. I would assume it should fail
because the SOCKS proxy setting is as well compulsory for http(s) transfer.
I think it's a bug, http transfer must not bypass a SOCKS proxy. Am I wrong?

Cheers,

Jan.

ETH Zurich, MSc Jan S. Rellermeyer,
Information and Communication Systems Research Group (IKS),
Department of Computer Science,
IFW B 47.1, Haldeneggsteig 4, CH–8092 Zürich Tel +41 44 632 30 38,
http://www.iks.inf.ethz.ch