Re: [ecf-dev] notification popups and bug 177974

On Dec 7, 2007 8:03 PM, Scott Lewis <slewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 1) What are the dependencies...for org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.PopupDialog
> and others?

Well, it's going to be whatever JFace needs, SWT and some bundles from
core (commands, equinox.common).

> 2) Would it make sense to move MessageNotificationPopup (and any new
> classes I create) to org.eclipse.ecf.ui?  Perhaps in a new package
> org.eclipse.ecf.ui.notification?

I think it makes sense to move it to the base UI though some tweaking
would need to be in order since that would put a hard presence API
requirement.

> or would the dependencies then make
> org.eclipse.ecf.ui unusable outside of Eclipse? (i.e. for RCP apps, etc?).

It depends. It'll also introduce a forms dependency.