RE: [ecf-dev] Initial upload of jSLP provider to ecf1.osuosl.org

Hi,

> SVN at sf.net contains a project usable from inside Eclipse (IIRC
> build.properties is missing to turn it into a working bundle). But even
> as a precompiled binary project source can still be attached. The
> source
> just has to be included in the bundle.

We can change this, if you like.

> > If we want to move the jSLP bundle over to dev.eclipse.org, at some
> > point we will have to submit a contribution questionnaire, along with
> > particular version of the source code to Eclipse Foundation's IP
> > review...so at that point, we will have to use a stable version of
> the
> > source (since a change in version will trigger an additional legal
> review).

There are a couple of minor things to change before jSLP can go 1.0. On my
agenda, I mainly have the point of implementing the possibility to add new
network interfaces while jSLP is running (kind of hotplugging). Some people
have asked for this. Markus had a couple of other bugs and features to work
on.

> I'm not sure if Jan is really into this, but theoretically it would be
> possible to move the whole OSGi jSLP to dev.eclipse.org and license it
> under the EPL? Then we would be allowed to continue development
> directly
> at eclipse.org?

I would have no objections against it. The Sourceforge project could then be
used to host the non-OSGi version of jSLP.

Cheers,

Jan.

ETH Zurich, MSc Jan S. Rellermeyer,
Information and Communication Systems Research Group (IKS),
Department of Computer Science,
IFW B 47.1, Haldeneggsteig 4, CH–8092 Zürich Tel +41 44 632 30 38,
http://www.iks.inf.ethz.ch